Submitted by icarus on Sat, 05/20/2006 - 3:53pm
How to Submit a Bug Report
Submit the following:
- What browser were you using (safari, internet explorer, foxfire, mozilla, etc. what version if you know.)
- What url were you visiting (as in, if you were on the community support homepage, you would report http://hotsmack.com/community/)
- were you logged in? if so, what is your username?
- If an onscreen error message displayed, copy and paste in the full error message.
- Describe what you were doing and what happened that was screwy.
- Give the bug report a very brief title, like “won’t save to file repository” or “broken link” or “can’t save description on support group page”.
Sample bug report
Bug: Can’t save description on support group page
User: logged in as Ashley
What happened: tried to save a description of my group. I got the following error message:
MySQL could not execute the SQL statement:
SELECT group_url_name FROM picora_categories WHERE sgroup_id = "5"
MySQL issued the following error:
Unknown column ‘groupurlname’ in ‘field list’
Before the Exception was thrown, the script called the following functions in this order:
requireonce(“/www/picora/init.php”) » called on line 3 in /www/picora/util/Editor.php
runlistener() » called on line 255 in /www/picora/init.php
ModelListener→main() » called on line 35 in /www/picora/core/Listener.php
SupportGroupModel→update(Array) » called on line 32 in /www/picora/listener/Model.php
DatabaseConnection→arrayQuery(“SELECT groupurlname FROM picoracategories WHERE sgroupid = “…”, “groupurlname”) » called on line 45 in /www/picora/model/SupportGroup.php
DatabaseConnection→arrayQuery() » called on line 710 in /www/picora/core/Builtin.php
The exception was thrown on line 710 in /www/picora/core/Builtin.php